- عمرو موسى 2012
- موقع حملة عمرو موسى...More
- Motaz Tours
- Motaz Tours Egypt provide a very special diving program in Hurghada, Sharm El-Sheikh, Nuwbaa, Soma B......More
- Mall of Arabia Cairo
- Mall of Arabia is planned to hold:- 900 brands.- A free parking space to hold up to 9,000 cars.- 13 ......More
- Al Riwaq Art Space - Bahrain
- Situated in the neighbourhood of Adliya in Bahrain, Al Riwaq Art Space is dedicated to promoting loc......More
- Albareh Art Gallery - Manama -...
- Since opening its doors in 1998, an early pioneer in Bahrain and the Arabian Gulf, Albareh Art Galle......More
artellewa is an art space, founded and managed by visual artist Hamdy Reda since 2007. The space is located in Ard El Lewa, a densely populated informal area located between two of Cairo’s informal areas, Imbiba and Boulak El Dakrour. artellewa creates a space for the formation and activation of dialogue between artists and society; facilitates artists projects, offers workshops for community members and emerging artists, exhibits art and hosts artists-in-residence in addition to providing special projects to enrich the civic and cultural life in Ard El Lewa, and use art to improve the urban environment.
artellewa aims to create a space for reflection during this time of transition; a space for rejuvenation of ideas and progressive thought and connect Ard El Lewa and its inhabitants with the broader culture of the city and the world through art, and creates a unique opportunity for Egyptian and foreign artists to interact and experiment with the local community and environment.
artellewa creates a space for the formation and activation of dialogue between artists and society.
Projects and Activities:
(1) Exhibitions: held in the artellewa Dokkan, a small workshop open to the street. In addition to exhibiting the work of established and emerging artists from Egypt and abroad, each year artellewa holds the first exhibition of at least one young Egyptian artist.
(2) Artists-led Workshops: artellewa coordinate and offer free of cost workshops, to community members and emerging artists. Manly in the field of visual arts, and culture fields in general.
(3) Artists-in-Residence: hosts foreign artists who interact with the community and environment of Ard El Lewa, research and produce artworks, show their work in the artellewa Dokkan , and build networks with the Cairo arts community. Artists have hailed from 13 countries, including Lebanon, Palestine, Sudan, Turkey, Jordan, Spain, Switzerland, Norway and the United States.
(4) Other Events: including a weekly cinema series curated by a resident of Ard El Lewa, showing films with a relationship to the community. Meet-the-artist events offer the public the opportunity to hear about the work of local and international artists.
(5) Special Projects: which enrich the civic and cultural life in Ard El Lewa, and use art to improve the urban environment.