- عمرو موسى 2012
- موقع حملة عمرو موسى...More
- Motaz Tours
- Motaz Tours Egypt provide a very special diving program in Hurghada, Sharm El-Sheikh, Nuwbaa, Soma B......More
- Mall of Arabia Cairo
- Mall of Arabia is planned to hold:- 900 brands.- A free parking space to hold up to 9,000 cars.- 13 ......More
- Al Riwaq Art Space - Bahrain
- Situated in the neighbourhood of Adliya in Bahrain, Al Riwaq Art Space is dedicated to promoting loc......More
- Albareh Art Gallery - Manama -...
- Since opening its doors in 1998, an early pioneer in Bahrain and the Arabian Gulf, Albareh Art Galle......More
Townhouse was established in 1998 as the first independent art space in Egypt with a remit to make contemporary arts accessible to all without compromising creative practice. A non-profit platform for creative inquiry, Townhouse supports artistic work in a wide range of media through exhibitions, residencies for artists and curators, educational initiatives and outreach programs. By establishing strong local and international relationships, as well as diversifying both the practitioners and audiences of contemporary art, Townhouse aims to support and expand the knowledge, appreciation and practice of contemporary arts in Egypt and the region.
Policy-making and programming—from day-to-day activities to far-ranging goals—are deeply informed by the gallery’s location in downtown Cairo’s bustling car mechanic’s district. Neighborhood workers and residents, artists and visitors all move within and without the gallery spaces and the lanes, blurring the line where Townhouse ends and the street begins.