- عمرو موسى 2012
- موقع حملة عمرو موسى...More
- Motaz Tours
- Motaz Tours Egypt provide a very special diving program in Hurghada, Sharm El-Sheikh, Nuwbaa, Soma B......More
- Mall of Arabia Cairo
- Mall of Arabia is planned to hold:- 900 brands.- A free parking space to hold up to 9,000 cars.- 13 ......More
- Al Riwaq Art Space - Bahrain
- Situated in the neighbourhood of Adliya in Bahrain, Al Riwaq Art Space is dedicated to promoting loc......More
- Albareh Art Gallery - Manama -...
- Since opening its doors in 1998, an early pioneer in Bahrain and the Arabian Gulf, Albareh Art Galle......More
Mazaher ensemble - Zar Music and Songs - On Wednesday February 25 2015 at 8pm
Start date 25-02-2015
End date 08-05-2025
(Zar Music & Songs)
On Wednesday February 25, 2015 at 8:00 pm.
Mazaher is an ensemble in which women play a leading role.
The musicians of Mazaher , Umm Sameh, Umm Hassan, Nour el Sabah are among the last remaining Zar practitioners in Egypt.
The music is inspired by the three different styles musical styles of the Zar tradition practiced in Egypt.
One of the African dimensions of Egypt, Zar music unfolds through rich poly-rhythmic drumming:
it's songs are distinctly different from other Egyptian music traditions.
The music of Mazaher is inspired by the three different styles of Zar music
practiced in Egypt-the Egyptian or Upper Egyptian Zar, Abu Gheit Zar and the Sudanese, or African Zar.
The ECCA is not researching or documenting the ritualistic aspects of the Zar,
rather it focuses documenting and promoting this unique musical legacy.
ECCA has gathered together some Zar performers and motivated them to go through lengthy sessions of rehearsing,
remembering and recording.
Mazaher is the result of these efforts.
Tickets price: 30 L.E per person 20 L.E per person for families. Doors open at 8:30pm. Ps: Reservations is canceled at 9:00pm Tea and Karkade are served To rsvp. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org MakAn: 1 (Not 1a) Saad Zaghloul Street, 11461, El Dawaween, Cairo. (on the corner of across Saad Zaghloul and Mansour street) Tel: 00202 27920878 http://www.egyptmusic.org https://www.facebook.com/pages/Egyptian-Center-for-Culture-and-Arts-Makan