- عمرو موسى 2012
- موقع حملة عمرو موسى...More
- Motaz Tours
- Motaz Tours Egypt provide a very special diving program in Hurghada, Sharm El-Sheikh, Nuwbaa, Soma B......More
- Mall of Arabia Cairo
- Mall of Arabia is planned to hold:- 900 brands.- A free parking space to hold up to 9,000 cars.- 13 ......More
- Al Riwaq Art Space - Bahrain
- Situated in the neighbourhood of Adliya in Bahrain, Al Riwaq Art Space is dedicated to promoting loc......More
- Albareh Art Gallery - Manama -...
- Since opening its doors in 1998, an early pioneer in Bahrain and the Arabian Gulf, Albareh Art Galle......More
CACTUS OF LIFE” – KHALID FARHAN
Venue Al Riwaq Art Space - Bahrain Other offers Map
Start date 16-02-2015
End date 08-05-2025
The artist and sculptor Khalid Farhan draws his inspiration for “Cactus of Life” from the process of silk screen printing. His prints display a repetition of the universal cancer awareness ribbon against a background of hearts that incorporate different elements of color. “Cactus of Life” also features sculptures in the form of the cancer awareness ribbon, along with a collection of sculptures that represent different forms of the cactus through an amalgamation of realism and the abstract.
Khalid Farhan says, “The work represents the cactus as a symbol of the continuity and resilience of life.”
“Cactus of Life” is a charity exhibition which aims to raise cancer awareness in Bahrain, 60% of proceeds go to the Bahrain Cancer Society.